Friday, August 1, 2014

In previous entries I've said a bit about myself, Kiddo, and a lot about Mr.S.  I've failed, though, to mention a couple others who are a part of the gallery.  One is our greeter, who, for the purposes of this blog, I will refer to as "T."  I'd have to say that, as with Kiddo, without the help of T I would be totally lost at this job.  While Kiddo manages most of the financial aspects of running this old place, T also a major part of the day-to-day functioning of the gallery.

First and foremost she commandeers the front desk, dealing with everyone who comes in off the street.  In the French Quarter that in and of itself can be quite the task.  She fields incoming phone calls, helps with shutting down and locking everything up in the evening, drives Mr.S home after work, and  handles a major amount of Mr.S's demands for contacting outside auction houses and other outside businesses.  (That last one I'll be handling a bit more as time progresses and I better figure out the job.)

As of writing this, T is the only other person in this gallery who knows about this blog, and she seems to enjoy reading it, though so far has been insisting that I leave her out of it.  I don't know why, as I only have positive things to say about the role that she plays in this place.

The other person who has been left out until now I will call N.  I'm not sure exactly what his job title is, but he assists Mr.S with day-to-day tasks.  He drives Mr.S to work and opens up the gallery in the mornings and handles anything that needs to be taken to the post office or picked up from a store or anything else like that.  He has a wonderful friendly personality and sense of humor, and for someone who has to spend so much around Mr.S and his wife the man has the patience of a saint.

Edit: As it turns out, T tells me that N is the repair and maintenance man.  As you can see from my post, though, he does so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment